Sunday, July 10, 2011

Abandoned...Or Are You?

Ps. 27:7-10

7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice!
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8 When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”
9 Do not hide Your face from me;
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
You have been my help;
Do not leave me nor forsake me,
O God of my salvation.
10 When my father and my mother forsake me,
Then the Lord will take care of me.
_____________________________________________________________

It is easy to feel abandoned when things aren't going the way you had hoped. Fair-weathered friends seldom linger during turbulance or delayed blessings. The moochers dissipate when the money is gone. Even close friends can become estranged when they are caught up in their own drama. 

When it seems like all hell has broken loose, remember this. The same God that brought you out of the last storm will surely bring you through this one. 

I know it feels like your crew has jumped ship, but rest in the comfort that the Holy Spirit will guide you, the Father has His arms around you and there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother through it all. See, I've come to the realization, very recently, that no matter who it is, your pastor, your best friend, your sister/brother, even your father or mother is no match to what God can do. The humans in your life can only stand and watch helplessly as you endure or cave. BUT, cling to the author and finisher of your faith, and your end is guaranteed to be victorious. 

Will it hurt? When doesn't pain hurt? Will you cry? Yes, but the joy of conquering and still standing in the end is stronger than the tears that were shed. Will you lose anything? Yes, you will lose everything, but the trade is priceless! I promise you this: You will be lied to and about, you will be cheated and mistreated, you will be betrayed by the people closest to you, you will lose some of the things you hold dear, and you may even teeter on insanity. BUT, God promises this: He will never leave you or abandon you (Hebrews 13:5), His favor lasts a lifetime (Ps. 30:5), His favor is like a shield (Psalm 5:12), He will be your strength (Ps. 28:7), He is faithful and will protect you (2 Thes. 3:3), He is working everything out for your benefit (Romans 8:28), and he will restore you (Deut. 30:3)!!!!

Hold on, deliverance is coming! Hold on to Jesus because He will not let go of you!!!  

     John 6:37       "Every person the Father gives me eventually comes running to me. And once that person is with me, I hold on and don’t let go." (The Message Translation)

Be encouraged, people of God! Our deliverance is at hand. HOLD ON a bit longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment