Monday, July 11, 2011

Refills Are Free!

Written August 15, 2010
 
The past week I have been praying for a refill of the Holy Spirit. I have felt like every time I am filled up, it is drained right back out of me. With that being said, today I received my answer and my confirmation!
I heard the word of the Lord say "I want to fill you. I heard you ask me to fill you. You've asked me many times to fill you. Yet I say your cup is full."
"How can that be possible?" I asked. "I still feel thirsty! How can I have a full cup when I feel so empty?"
His reply was this: "Because the cup you are holding up for me to fill is too small. I fill it to the top and yet it does not sustain the thirst of an adult! See, what you gave me to fill as a child was more than you needed...as a child! Now you are an adult...full grown. My word says In the same measure you give, it shall be given unto you. I can not give the amount you are asking me for unless you give me that measure to fill! If you give me a small cup, I will fill it the same way that I will fill a large cup. I am not a respecter of persons. No matter who lifts up a cup, it will be filled. But, you can not complain about how much I give if you do not give me a larger measure to fill.
I still didn't completely understand this morning what God was trying to show me. This afternoon, he showed me the beverage line at Burger King.
I saw the twins go up with their cup and then Donavon went up with his cup. Joe went up with his cup and I went up with mine.
See, if you take a small cup to the beverage station, you can only get what that cup will hold. Regardless of who brings it to the machine, the machine will dispense the pop of your choice into the cup you put under the nozzle! I may want the amount that fits the Super Size but I only brought a small size, therefore I can only receive the amount that the cup will contain. Now, if I want a larger cup, I can definitely choose to order a larger cup, but it will cost more! Then once the price is paid, you can take your cup to the machine to be filled! The machine didn't change, the pop filling the cup didn't change. I changed my cup and then was able to hold more!
Finally, God showed me that once the cup is paid for, I have access to the beverage machine. The refills are free and is limited only by the amount of pop contained in the machine!

Luke 6:38 (International Standard Version) "Give, and it will be given to you. A large quantity, pressed together, shaken down, and running over will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use, you will be measured."

John 3:34 (ISV) "For the one whom God sent speaks the words of God, because God does not give the Spirit in limited measure."

No comments:

Post a Comment