Thursday, August 4, 2011

Fear



Enemies often will continue to use the same tactic over and over.  Why?  Because once they have found a tactic that works, why create a new one?  What is this tactic that is used over and over and over? 
We are all different in what we are afraid of.  It really depends on what we value.  If we value possessions, we may fear poverty.  If we value any THING at all, we may fear loss.  If we value a person, we may fear rejection.  No matter what the fear may be, we all have some type of fear that may plague us.
This season has been, for me, a consistent and continual attack of fear.  Fear for my son and his health, fear for our finances and resources, fear of circumstances outside of what most people can see. 
HOWEVER, God always brings me back to the center, when I start to sway and stagger away from the truth in my attack of fear.
See, satan will make things seem as if they are out of control.  People of God, I am here as a living testimony, to tell you that God is in control! 
A couple entries back I wrote about my list.  The list is of concrete truths that I go to when I am swirling and spiraling out of emotional control.  SO, for those who are struggling with fear, like I was this week, I have started a new list for FEAR.  Shall we stand through this attack together?  Here we go!!!


1.      FEAR IS NOT OF GOD!
a.        (2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”)
2.      If God is with us, we do not have to fear our enemies or anything that comes against us!
a.       Ps. 23:4 “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.”
b.      Joshua 10:8 “And the Lord said to Joshua, “Do not fear them, for I have delivered them into your hand; not a man of them shall stand before you.”
3.      Fear is a spirit and must be treated as such!
a.       2 Tim. 1:7, Eph. 6:12
4.      TRUST is the key to defeating fear!  If we trust God to control our situation, we can also trust Him with our fears.
a.       Ps. 27:1 “The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?”
b.      Ps. 31:14-15 “But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord; I say, “You are my God.” 15 My times are in Your hand; Deliver me from the hand of my enemies, and from those who persecute me.”
c.       Job 13:15-16 “5 Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him.  Even so, I will defend my own ways before Him. 16 He also shall be my salvation, for a hypocrite could not come before Him.”
5.      There is NOTHING God cannot handle!
a.       Jeremiah 32:16 “Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You.”
6.      Love is the other key to conquering fear!
a.       1 John 4:18 (The Message) “18There is no fear where love exists.  Rather, perfect love banishes fear. For fear involves punishment, and the person who lives in fear has not been perfected in love.  19We love because he first loved us.


Remember that Jesus loves you so much.  If we are connected to Him, and love Him, we have nothing to fear and everything to celebrate!  Take comfort in knowing you are protected, sheltered, and favored in every area of your life as a child of the one and only living, true God!

No comments:

Post a Comment