Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Journey Of A Lifetime

To all my readers, thank you for your patience as I have been away from my writing for a little while, taking care of family affairs.
My son had surgery and we have been focusing on that only for a while.  Today, though, as I sit and reflect on everything that has transpired the past few weeks, I realize something so simple yet so profound.  It explains the 'why' of a lot of things.

When we are centered on Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, He will bring everything into line.  I understand that certain things must happen in order to move forward.  For example, you have to stop at the gas station and get fuel if you expect your car to function.  If it is in need of repair, you have to take it in to have it fixed, if you expect it to continue to operate.

We don't like having to go the the shop.  Personally, I don't even like going to get gas, but it is necessary in order to continue to maintain a properly functioning vehicle.  Sometimes, I am so annoyed or put off by having to get gas that I will wait until I have a fuel light to stop! 

In life, just as with our vehicle, we sometimes run from challenges or put off a task that must be done.  Sometimes out of fear of what my happen, sometimes we do this out of exhaustion because we are simply too tired and don't want to continue.  Sometimes we do this out of pain, because we have been hurt and simply don't want to risk being betrayed again.  However, we cannot stop our journey just because we don't want to go into the mechanics.  I know there are bad ones out there but there are also good ones too!

It is better to trust God and follow His leading.  Not wasting any more time, but allowing him to close the doors that need to be closed, tear down walls that need demolishing, and build healthy relationships so that we can heal and grow.  We may stand at the brink of this process with anxiety, hurt, or fear, but as me and my son found, before his surgery, we can stop and pray, knowing that God has it all under control!  He has brought us here for such a time as this (Ester 4:14 NKJV). 

I encourage all of you to read the story of Ester.  She didn't want to be taken away from her family.  She didn't want to be queen.  She didn't want to risk her life by going into the throne room to address the king.  BUT she was obedient to do what HAD to be done in order for her destiny to be fulfilled.  Was she afraid?  Yes, but she did not allow fear to immobilize her.  What happened?  She had God's favor, the king's favor, and VICTORY! 
Photo from the movie "One Night With the King"

I can see us now, as God's children, just as my son did with me.  "Do we have to do this?  I don't want to!"  And God lovingly wraps His comforting arms around us and says, "My child, I am here.  I will never leave your or abandon you (Heb. 13:5).  When you are weak, I will be strong (2 Cor.12:10) and when you fall, I will pick you up (Micah 7:8).  I have a plan for you, but not to hurt you.  The plan is to make you strong and prosper you (Jer. 29:11)  Do not be afraid (Is. 43:1) because I am here and I have called you!  Finish your journey (Heb. 4:11) and there will be rest!  I love you more than anything!"

You CAN do what God has brought you to!  He will see you through it, victoriously!  Trust Him and be encouraged.  Finally know this...
Romans 8:28-29a (The Message) "That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good!"
(NKJV)  And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to HIS purpose."

Be blessed!
_______________________________________________________________
Hebrews 13:5b (NKJV)  "For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

2 Corinthians 12:10 (The Message) "Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size - abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks.  I just let Christ take over!  And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become."

Micah 7:8 (NKJV) "Do not rejoice over me, my enemy, When I fall, I will arise; When I sit in darkness, The Lord will be a light to me."

Jeremiah 29:11 (NKJV) "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of eil, to give you a future and a hope."

Isaiah 43:1b-2 (The Message) "Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you.  I've called your name.  You're mine.  2 When You're in over your head, I'll be there with you.  When you're in rough waters, you will not go down.  When you're between a rock and a hard place, it won't be a dead end - " (please read the rest on your own!  It is powerful and encouraging!!!)

Hebrews 4:10-11 (The Message) "God himself is at rest.  And at the end of the journey we'll surely rest with God.  11 So let's keep at it and eventually arrive at the place of rest, not drop out through some sort of disobedience."

No comments:

Post a Comment