Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Deep Revelation

This entry is for mature, ‘real’ children of God… the true betrothed of Christ.
If you are not at a point where you are ready to give it all to Him, then you may want to wait to read this as it is very straight forward and real. 
I always try to give you a heads up because I don’t want to offend you.  However, I write what God reveals to me.
__________________________________________________
The revelation:
“God is tired of fake emotions and is disgusted with flesh-stimulating, momentary encounters of lust.  God is love, not lust.  He does not desire the touches, arousing yet empty words of manipulators who desire to take Him to bed for His benefits, and yet do not want a commitment or intimacy with Him.  If you love Him, give Him all of you.  Unconditionally.  No more cheapening who He is with a ‘love Him at the altar’ and leave Him there.  Throw your money in the plate and pay for the moments of sheer emotion and yet walk away unchanged and empty inside.  You have just turned God into a common whore!”

As the Bride of Christ, you have been called to better.  He desires to be one with you.  TO BE INTIMATE with you.  He says, in John 15:4, “Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.”  Translation:  You cannot conceive without intimacy.  You CANNOT bear fruit without an encounter with Christ!  (John 15:5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing”)
I know this is a hard word!  It hit me heavily as God showed me this hidden area of life.  As I sit here shedding tears of an aching sensation, understanding that God wants to have a pure love with you, I realize that I  have fallen short in this area also. 

As a woman, AND a wife, I long to connect with my husband.  Not for mere physical satisfaction.  I would feel a deep sense of hurt and feel as though I was being taken advantage of.
 
*THIS IS NOT THE CASE!*  Joe and I have a very healthy relationship.  However, God showed me a “what if scenario” that touched me to my core!  In longing to be intimate with my husband, how would I feel, if all he wanted was stimulation and not intimacy?  He wants the feeling and benefit of intimacy, but not the real thing?  As his wife, I would feel unloved, and used.  Cheap.

People of God, He is tired of us coming to Him in this manner!  We dance, sing, whoop n holler on Sunday and then turn to other devices during the week.  Revival services are great too!  A weekend getaway or even a week long retreat but if there is no commitment, there is no intimacy because TRUE love is not cheap or fleeting!  It is not a summer fling or weekend affair.

How do we acquire true love?  John 15:9-10 has the answer.  “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.”
Let me break it down just a bit further.  What are Jesus’ commands?  Matthew 22:37-39 “Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38This is the first and great commandment. 39And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’”

Love Jesus and love each other.  TRUE LOVE! 
I want to leave you with 1 John 4:7-12 (The Message).
7My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God and experiences a relationship with God. 8The person who refuses to love doesn’t know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can’t know him if you don’t love. 9This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. 10This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they’ve done to our relationship with God. 11My dear, dear friends, if God loved us like this, we certainly ought to love each other. 12No one has seen God, ever. But if we love one another, God dwells deeply within us, and his love becomes complete in us—perfect love!”

My challenge for you this week is to seek God in prayer.  Ask Him to show you true love.  Not fake, emotional, lust that feels good for a moment but leaves you empty and broken.  God loves you so much more than that!  Remember too, you are worth more than that.  Jesus paid such a high price for you!  I pray that your life, as you know it, will never be the same again!

No comments:

Post a Comment