Monday, September 26, 2011

Situation Evaluation

So, I am sitting here looking at everything around me.  I can and will be the first one to say, I am at a crossroad and I am not sure which way to turn.  I have stopped, a few times today, just to throw my hands up and say, “Okay God, I give up.  Show me what you want me to do.  Tell me where you want me to go.”  I analyze and run hypothetical scenarios to try to find the answers.  I sit waiting for something to happen; for some answer to fall out of the sky. 

Sitting here quietly, evaluating my circumstances and situation, I realize that I do not have an answer.  I have done all that I know to do.  I feel like a sardine in an ocean.  Frustrated, overwhelmed and alone.  To stay put is easy.  It requires me to do nothing.  However I would eventually have to face the mounting issues around me.  To move is more difficult because the unknown is a vast and mysterious place.  It requires me to tear away from the familiar faces and places and venture into something new.
Searching for answers… desperate for someone to just tell me what to do.  It was so easy as a child.  I didn’t have to have the answers.  I could rely on mom and dad to make the tough choices for us. 
I can hear some of you sitting there, asking:
So, what do I do?  Is that all there is?  Am I just stuck here? 
No.
What you are searching for is attainable.  What you are longing for is within reach.  What you have been crying for at night, when you don’t think anyone is looking or even cares, is standing right before you.
Love.  Hope.  Jesus.
In Matthew 11:28-30, Jesus says, “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
He is the one to give you hope in your future.
Jeremiah 29:11-13 says, “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart."
It doesn’t matter how high your bills are stacked or how deep your problems are all around you.  It may seem as though there is no way out.  It may seem as though you are the smallest fish in the sea.  BUT, God is here to give you hope. 
He says that you will find him when you seek him with all your heart.  Investigating isn’t enough. 
I sat and ran through so many scenarios today.  I researched options and looked at opportunities.  Not until I threw my hands up and said, “God, you are in control.  I am calling upon you and seeking you” did I finally hear God say “I have a plan.  Trust me.”  No, I don't have all the answers, but I know that God is in control. 
If you are reading this and facing life choices, not knowing what to do or where to turn, I encourage you to call out to God.  He has a plan for you!  Make the choice.
Just looking at the options isn’t enough.  He says “search for me with your whole heart.”
You don’t have to sit and wonder any more.  You have hope in Jesus.
You are loved.  Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment