Monday, October 24, 2011

Hide And Seek


Hide in a corner by ~YaraKlaproos on deviantART


Today is simple.  I am hiding. 

By definition, hiding is:
1)      Place or state of concealment – A place where somebody is hiding or can hide.
2)      Keep something secret – to prevent something from becoming known
3)      Move out of sight – to conceal yourself, or something or somebody else, from view.
(Encarta Dictionary)
Why does one hide? 
Fear and anxiety are the first things that come to mind as motive for hiding.  Fear can trigger the fight or flight reflex.  Also, pain and injury can cause us to want to curl up and hide from danger and further injury.  However, this is not always the case, and certainly not my motivation for staying hidden. 
Some hide to escape, for solitude and seclusion.  When life becomes overwhelming and circumstances are persistently and continuously pressing, it is good to get away.  That is why we have vacation benefits and holidays.  As nice as a vacation would be right now, that is not my motivation for hiding.
Why am I hiding?
I am hiding in order to be found.  It is simple to see when someone wants to be found and when they don’t.  The person hiding will hide in a obvious and easy to find location in order to be found.  For example, my husband hid a note for me to find.  The kids can’t reach it but it is a place I look to often.  The cupboard.  Another great example is the children’s game, hide and seek.  The object is to avoid being found, yet no one wants to be forgotten.
Today, and until I am satisfactorily found, I am hiding in a place where only He can find me.  I know I am not forgotten because He has promised that He himself will search for me.  (Ezekiel 34:11 “For thus says the Lord GOD: “Indeed I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out.””)
When times are unsure, and circumstances are unrelenting; When the feeling of helplessness arises and the injuries of betrayals are fresh and painful, it is time to hide.  Let Him find you.  Allow His grace to cover you and His mercy to minister to your injuries.
Today there are no challenges.  Simply hiding.
Be blessed.



PS. 17:8b “Hide me under the shadow of Your wings

PS. 27:5 “For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock.

PS. 32:7 “You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance.   Selah”

PS. 119:114 “You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your word.”
*All scripture taken from New King James Version.*

No comments:

Post a Comment