Monday, June 4, 2012

Phenomenal Leap


Psalm 18:29-33
28 For You will light my lamp;
The Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.
29 For by You I can run against a troop,
By my God I can leap over a wall.
30 As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the Lord is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
31 For who is God, except the Lord?
And who is a rock, except our God?
32 It is God who arms me with strength,
And makes my way perfect.
33 He makes my feet like the feet of deer,
And sets me on my high places.

Are you ready to leap?


Today I am writing a very short encouragement that God gave me this morning.  In the midst of swirling thoughts and emotions, I was reminded, in the quietness of my heart, that God is the one who directs my path.  The daunting task of fulfilling His word is His alone.  In and of myself I cannot fulfill His promises.  However, through Christ, I can do all things because He gives me strength!  (Phil. 4:13)

There is a leap of faith accompanied with a walk of obedience.  Often we can’t see immediately where this leap will take us.  In fact, that is the point of the faith part.  We are trusting that God has this part taken care of.  As scary as it may seem, our lives have led up to this moment in time.  Will we say “Yes!” and leap?  Or will we say “No!” and turn away?

I believe all God wants to know is, “Will you say ‘Yes’?  Even if I ask you to go somewhere, or do something, or NOT go some places, or do some things?  If I ask, will you give?  What if I want more?  What will you do for me?”

Abraham was asked this question.  He took the leap because he knew God’s track record was absolutely perfect.  He said “Yes” to God, even if it looked like he would have to sacrifice his promise from God, the descendents and lineage through eternity!  His obedience, coupled with his faith, was what God wanted from him. 

David said this in Psalm and 2 Samuel, “As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the LORD is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.”  David knew, even when Saul wanted to kill him, even when it looked like he would never be king, that if God made a promise, He would make a way to bring it to pass.  All he had to do was take the leap!  Boy did he ever leap!  He leaped to killing a lion, a bear (1 Sam. 17:34-37), a giant, and following God through his reign as king.  He was not perfect but he leapt!

Today I challenge you to be willing to leap.  All God wants is a “Yes!”  See what doors open when you say “Yes!” to God!  When we are truly seeking His perfect will for our lives, don't hold reservations to circumstances, or maintain the right to say "No" on a case-by-case scenario.  That is not living in complete surrender.  When we surrender fully to God, we will see His fullness manifested in our lives!

God bless you as you seek Him and His righteousness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment