Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Ordered by God


I was praying about some friends of mine today, after having an exhilarating conversation with them about God and His purpose for us.  As I was praying over them, I could hear God say “I have plans for this one.”  I smiled all the way to my core knowing that God has a plan, not only for my friend but He has a plan for us all.  As I prayed over my friend, I began to ask God about a calling, about what it means to be called.  This is what God showed me!



Psalms 37:23 says “The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way.” (NKJV)  God showed me a restaurant, sitting there looking at the menu.  He said, “I ordered them and now I am waiting for them to be served!  I put it in you, called it out of you, I am maintaining you to sustain it, and in the end, it will all be for my glory.”
God is calling for us to serve his order!  This concept fascinates me because that means that the order has not been pre-made.  He knows that it is available because He won’t call for something that cannot be served.  BUT, we have to use the ingredients that He gave us to fill God’s call on our lives!
1 Corinthians talks about being tempted or tested.  God knows what you are capable of, even more than you do, because He made you!  He knows how you run and what’s under the hood.  He knows whether He can push you to 120mph or if He should keep you coasting at 40mph and when you’re ready to shift gears into a higher speed!  He can call that because He put it there in the first place!
Because He knows, He chooses who He wants, and what He wants out of them.  We know that God is a God of purpose and doesn’t make anything without a purpose or function.  Therefore, we can stand firm on Isaiah 55:11 which says “So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;  It shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.”  He knew what he wanted before He ordered and will get what He called for and will bless and prosper it!
So what does all of this mean for us?  This means that when God calls you to a project, a task, a gifting, a work, or even something simple as a momentary action, He expects us to fill His order.  He has also promised that it will be blessed and prosper!  His call cannot fail!
The call that God has placed on your life may not come out immediately, because we know that everything has a season.  However, His promises will come to pass!  He has a plan a purpose for each of us.  Within the plan is fulfillment, joy, blessing, and peace!  It all starts with a relationship with Him.  Talking with Him and allowing Him to show you what’s “under your hood”.  Only the maker can tell you what components you have and what they’re there for! 
I challenge you this week to open yourself up to God and let Him tell you who you were created to be and what He is ordering from your life!  God bless you as you seek Him first!

No comments:

Post a Comment