Thursday, September 20, 2012

Distracted By The Storm?



The past couple of weeks I have seen a lot of people going through difficult, even tragic, times.  From loss of loved ones to financial crises, medical challenges leading to hospitalization, and family problems.  I have seen threats made against homes, and jobs.  I even had someone recently tell me that a relative was the victim of a shooting.

Through all this chaos, confusion and struggle, I have also seen God!  I saw Him provide as a friend needed rent money and in just a few short hours, He poured about $1300 into her!  I saw my husband being admitted into the hospital on the 13th with a blood sugar level of 457 and an infected abscess on his leg, giving him a fever and aches.  They told him he should have been in a diabetic coma!  BUT GOD had other plans!  He is healing and his sugar is normal.  God is healing him and protecting us.  He provided all the finances necessary and allowed us financing for his medical leave from work.  Did I mention we don’t have insurance?

I have seen God comfort those mourning the death of loved ones.  I have seen His healing power among the torn and broken, giving them peace and a sound mind in the midst of uncertainty and chaos!  I have seen resources appear seemingly out of nowhere, by God's grace and mercy.

What is my point? 

First, even though horrible things happen, God is still in control.  Even though the earth quakes, He is still in charge and will help us when we cry out to Him (Ps. 46:1-7).  He promises to NEVER leave us or forsake (abandon) us (Heb. 13:5).  NO, God did not cause the problems (1 Cor. 14:33) but He promises that He will be with us through them (James 1:2-3) perfecting us as pure gold (Daniel 12:10).

Distracted by the storm?

Second… DON’T GET DISTRACTED! 
Joshua 1:7 says, “Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left that you may prosper wherever you go.”God was telling Joshua that He will be with His people as long as they stay with Him!  God has a plan for each and every one of you.  He wants to move in the situation you are in RIGHT NOW!  I know too well how focused we can get on the things swirling around us or even on the finish line, the goals we have set.  BUT if we are not focused on what God has for us RIGHT NOW, we leave ourselves open to attacks from the devil who is looking for any way to steal, kill, and destroy (John 10:10). 
 
I hear the message from the Lord ever so clearly. 
“The enemy sees there is something stirring in the atmosphere.  It is expectation.  It is anticipation.  It is the groaning of a spiritual womb about to deliver!  It is My Spirit about to pour out!  He sees the clouds moving in to pour out upon you!  He knows.  BUT, I know the anointing I am about to release to you.  I know the gifts that will be poured out of you!  I see the provision I want to lavish upon my children as they do what I have called them to do.    The enemy seeks to stop you.  He wants nothing more than to bring you into the misery he is wallowing in and keep you immobilized in the quicksand of distraction!  I tell you, DO NOT BE DISTRACTED.  I am covering you until you reach your destination.  I am protecting you as you travail through to the next place I have appointed for you!  Keep strong.  DON'T GIVE UP!  Get here!  I am here!”

Don’t give up.  Don’t stray away from what God has for you right now, right in front of you.  You’re so close.  Don’t miss it!  Please don’t miss it.

This week, I challenge you… PLEASE cling to Him.  Don’t let circumstances, chaos, fear, or anything else come between you and God.  Let Him speak to you.  One word can change your circumstances.  One word from Him can infuse life into your situation.  Stay focused on Him!  Hear Him and let Him guide you!

I love you and I am praying for each of you!
God bless you as you seek and serve Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment