Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Salvaged Title



About 7 years ago, we had some good friends bless us with a car.  It was an older car (a 1994 Dodge Intrepid).  We were so thrilled with the gift of transportation and praised God for this huge blessing!  It was about a month before our twins were born and we had totaled our previous car when a deer landed on top of the hood while traveling about 65 mph on a highway, after the semi in front of me had hit it.  (That was a complete miracle because if I was just a few inches closer, it would have landed in my lap through the windshield!)

The Intrepid was an awesome car.  It was worn and used but loved, like the shoes that fit and are so comfortable that you just don’t want to ever replace them.  A few years down the road we bought our minivan and decided to combine them on one policy with a better rate.  We shopped around and got quotes.  However, when we did go to start our policy, we found out that our Intrepid had a pretty colorful past.  We were declined by three insurance agencies to cover our vehicle.  They were fine with the Toyota Sienna, but the Intrepid was a “salvaged title”.  I didn’t understand this so I asked the agent to explain what that meant.  She said, “That means at one time, the vehicle was in an accident where the current insurance company had written off or ‘totaled’ the car as a complete loss.  Then someone decided to ‘salvage the title’ and fix the car.  The VIN number is still a valid number but at one point it was ‘totaled’.”  It took us a while but we found a good company that took our “salvaged title” and covered us as we made all kinds of memories with our sweet little car.  

Some of you are like my salvaged title.  You’ve been in wrecks in your life and have been written off and “totaled” by the people in your life.  You may have even been considered a complete loss by the very ones where were covering you at the time and sent to life’s junk yard!  As deep and dark as that is, I want you to know that there is someone who specializes in salvaging those wrecks and giving them new life!

Jesus salvages the wrecks and restores them to perfection!  He takes those who have been totaled and written off and makes beautiful memories with them.  In John 4 we see a woman who was totaled by life.  She had gone through many men, and was known by the people as a wreck.  Jesus stopped at the well and salvaged her title, restoring her so that she would never be without proper coverage again! (John 4:2-30)  He died to reclaim our title and purchased our wreckage with His blood.  He takes the most fatal wrecks and breathes life into them.

If you have been totaled and written off as a complete loss, I want you to know that Jesus loves you and wants to salvage you!  All you have to do is ask!

If that’s you, pray this prayer with me.
“God, I know I have wrecked but your word says that you came to ‘seek and to save that which was lost’ (Luke 19:10).  I am lost.  Save me.  I believe in you son, Jesus Christ and that you raised Him from the dead to salvage me from the wreckage.  Thank you for paying the price so I could be restored.  Thank you for loving me!  In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen”

If you prayed that prayer, you are now a Salvaged Title and you belong to the King of kings and Lord of lords!  He is restoring you and bringing you to a new place in Him!  I encourage you to read your Bible and continue to pray.  As you do, He will continue to show you who He is and who you are in Him!   

God bless you as you continue to seek and serve Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment